Friday 26 August 2011

Maybe I should Just be me…


 Sometimes I feel odd, a bit outpaced. Sometimes  I even think am an outcast, you know sometimes it’s a bit tough being different. It’s a bit unnerving to be independent minded, I almost feel like am a pariah sometimes, but most of the time am Ok, I look around and I know am not a copy, I am an original.

people my age, I am odd. I am the only one who is not in a dance troop. Nowadays every young bloke is a msaani, with a band or about to start one. Everybody has a talent, except me. I don’t have a record deal, I am not an actor either, you know everybody is hip except me, everybody wears supra except me, Everyone has some chains except me, every guy has a gangster swag except me. You see, I am a bit odd, I am in the renaissance when everybody is in the Twitter age

At this point I imagine you are wondering… what is he upto? What is he bumbling about? Yes, I know, It all sounds too abstract, a bit too removed from the regular paradigm of things. You wonder what to think, is he isolated or is he special? Is something wrong with me or is something wrong with you? Hold on a bit…

Let me give you some background. When I look at people my age, I am odd. I am the only one who is not in a dance troop. Nowadays every young bloke is a msaani, with a band or about to start one. Everybody has a talent, except me. I don’t have a record deal, I am not an actor either, you know everybody is hip except me, everybody wears supra except me, Everyone has some chains except me, every guy has a gangster swag except me. You see, I am a bit odd, I am in the renaissance when everybody is in the Twitter age, do U see my point? Everybody has an ideos and I don’t, I am the only one who uses my computer to read books rather than play games. The only games I know are solitaire and the other one, wait, what is the other one?

Maybe it’s a time to change, Maybe I should also start to wear baggy jeans and walk holding my crotch. Maybe I should start spitting verses like Ludacris and the other ones, wait, who are the other ones?  I wish I didn’t know so much, I wish I didn’t read Wikipedia, I would be cool and maybe I could even be able to rhyme words like Juliani and the other ones, I would have a record deal and girls like size Avril and the other one would dance in my videos…. Or, maybe I don’t have to change, Maybe I should just be me.

1 comment:

foenga said...

Grt post pal! You are not alone Phil. I too use ma comp 2read n play chess. Its awesome being different,embracing your uniqueness as opposed to tryn 2ape sm guy, or dressin, speakin, behaving in a certain way so as to fit in sm clique or mk a sorry attempt to floss, or shuld i say trying to impress someone/somepeople.

Personally, a few days from today, wen i shall begin my 21st yr of physical existence, i will fully embrace a minimalist lifestyle.