Tuesday 30 August 2011

Look at me size 8! Am a shamba boy!



Today I was woken up pretty rudely, there is nothing I find more offensive than work, You see I am the kind of son who likes to sleep and eat and nothing else. Apparently the gate had gotten stuck in the grass as they opened to let my dad drive out, of course it isn’t a real car, my dad has a toy. It’s a tough economy and they were not going to pay somebody to do some gardening, so, yours truly had to work. Its days like this you hate being a man, You have to fold your sleeves and smell of sweat and other manly smells, Yuck!

I have to say its been a while since I did this kind of thing, I mean its quite a while since I was sweating it out in the School farm at Alliance, I wasn’t on punishment in school, I was just volunteering for the boarding master. I took a Jembe and a Spade, threw some soil about and pretended to be finished, It was then that I saw a rat and the only thing that came to my mind was size 8, Good.

It was then that I saw a rat and the only thing that came to my mind was size 8, Good.Anyway, today I did some Shamba work, so am sort of a shamba boy, I imagine Size 8 would dig that so… LOOK AT ME SIZE 8!! AM A SHAMBA BOY!! Will you be my shamba girl? Of course I am not doing this to be insolent to Size 8, its much more than size 8, Its about sloppy lyrics by Kenyan musicians,I mean look at things like Huratiti, what is it about?


I have nothing against Size 8, but I honestly think that her song shamba boy was just hopeless. Who listens to that garbage? Was she drunk when she wrote it? I mean there is a reason people like Rihanna hire song writers. Anyway, today I did some Shamba work, so am sort of a shamba boy, I imagine Size 8 would dig that so… LOOK AT ME SIZE 8!! AM A SHAMBA BOY!! Will you be my shamba girl? Of course I am not doing this to be insolent to Size 8, its much more than size 8, Its about sloppy lyrics by Kenyan musicians, I mean look at things like Huratiti, what is it about? Look at people like Ng’ang’alito, most of our local music is just garbage. I appreciate gifted artists like Amani, Juliani, Wahu, Redsan… they are many but most are just annoying hit and runs trying out something coz they failed school. Period.

1 comment:

bee said...

Hahahahahaha....... Philip the Shamba boy!!! Unavyofyeqa na hiyo slasher.... hehe...