Thursday 27 October 2011

The Trouble with Old men...

Let me begin by wishing Uhuru Kenyatta a Happy 50th birthday. I hope he is wise by now and I suspect he is because I have heard that a fool at 50 is a fool forever. I have just realized that 50 is not as Old as it used to be, back then at 50 you were nearly an ancestor, but today, 50 is a new generation. Today people of Uhuru's age are young Turks and fresh leaders, Marvelous!!

Sometimes I feel detached from my fellow youths, some times I feel like an Old fashioned Fun Hating Mzee. I don't walk around in Supras and tight jeans(young men of today do that). I am the kind of boy that wears properly ironed trousers, neat office shirts and polished shoes, I don't wear studs or Stunnerz (oversized sunglasses)... I reckon I should be a typical youth with a sense of fashion, as a start I am going to start cutting the sleeves off my shirt, maybe walk with my shirt collars 'upright and erect', I should start to sag my trousers. Right now I am cultivating an Afro that I will have twisted into Nasty looking "Pillars", I shall then dye my hair yellow to look like a celebrity and maybe I shall feel a bit like Mariga or even Elephant man... Dying my hair and 'twisting' it is good rebellion, isn't it? I am sure that will brew interesting suspicions from my parents, my mother will think I am in a cult and my father will look for a counselor..After all, youth is about rebellion, isn't it?

I have also realized that to fit in with youths I need to join a musical group and maybe even become a Msaani, I have realized I am the only youth without a single. Even Museveni has "produced a Rap"...

Politically I also have to tow the youth line, I have to blame Wazees for my predicaments as a youth. As a youth I have to blame Wazees for being addicted to weed and Chang'a. As a youth I should blame wazees for being Jobless and broke. You see, these wazees have ruined everything for us the youth. These wazees are very boring and they should leave us to run the world, shouldn't they?

This is a very sensible post, well, sort of. I doubt people will want to read this so I should offend somebody to get readers..."Alliance high school was like diarrhoea, It is very interesting and amusing when its someone Else's insides getting deflated rapidly..."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

am trying to think about my life in high school and compare with whatever you have written down and those are two totally different schools either you have a really poor esteem and if thats the case sort urself and issues out before complaining about a really prestigious school or u have a really big imagination and if thats the case dont spoil the name of The Alliances! am shocked that u did not benefit from those 4 yrs what a shame, u shld have left and mayb given someone else that opportunity
Quit wallowing with selfpity and make something out of ur life if u have not yet done so!