Sunday 23 October 2011

Men in The Kitchen



Yesterday I made a milestone, at least a personal one. I did the unbelievable; in fact I had to convince people I could pull it off. Ladies and Gentlemen I made supper, yes I did the cooking! I must say I surprised myself and can’t help but gloat about it.

I thought that cooking could diminish my manhood; I thought cooking would shrink my ego and my male assets. I was worried that after I cooked I would come out of the kitchen gay; maybe cooking would make me grow boobs and start gossiping. I DIDN’T!!...Cooking is actually a position of power and that is why men should actually cook-at least their own food, think of all the things you could do with food, you could give people diarrhea, you could poison people and you could make them fat

I always thought that cooking is not a manly thing; I thought it was for women. I thought cooking was witchcraft that only women could master, I could not imagine as a male I could be peeling things, marinating things, frying things, boiling things and flavouring others. I thought that cooking could diminish my manhood; I thought cooking would shrink my ego and my male assets. I was worried that after I cooked I would come out of the kitchen gay; maybe cooking would make me grow boobs and start gossiping. I DIDN’T!!

I must confess that cooking is actually fun. The Kitchen is actually an inviting place, cooking is like science and art all in one. It’s a wonderful thing when you try different approaches and delight in the results. Cooking is actually a very fulfilling thing. I came to realize that cooking is actually a manly thing to do. Wearing an apron and preparing food is a responsible thing to do and that is manly. Cooking is actually a position of power and that is why men should actually cook-at least their own food, think of all the things you could do with food, you could give people diarrhea, you could poison people and you could make them fat. 

Jokes aside, I think cooking is really an experience of art. It is a great thing to be interested in what you eat. In real life a man who can cook is actually admirable, you see, my mother cooks most of the time, but on the few occasions my dad cooks, it’s special. A man who cooks is an asset to the family, and it’s the ultimate show of participation in a household. A man who cooks is a man women admire, I mean women like a man who is good with his hands, don’t they? I can’t dance, but I can cook and that is enough.


2 comments:

foenga said...

men ctually cook better food than women.

bree said...

Phil cooks? Habari ndiyo hiyo