Sunday 19 February 2012

IF YOU THINK YOU ARE IMPORTANT...

Yesterday evening I received a phone-call from an unknown number. Those who know me are aware that I get freaked out by calls from unknown numbers, I mean it could be anything, Had somebody died? Was I wanted by the police? Is it a death threat? Fortunately it was not a bad phonecall. It was an invitation to an Alliance High school old-boys dinner at the Intercontinental hotel. Was I going?

Hell No! I would not attend an Old boys dinner, Not an AHS old boys dinner! I have ruffled the AHS alumni on this blog in the past. I suspect If I went for the dinner there would be a lynching. I fear that the call was just to lure me for a brutal night of long blows and pain. Besides the fear of a lynching there are other reasons why I would not attend an AHS Alumni dinner. These dinners are the kind of places AHS oldboys show up with "rented" girlfriends to talk about their times at western universities like Lafayette, M.I.T. and University of Dorondo (Toronto). I fear somebody would approach me and ask if we met in Havard, or Stanford.... It would be a short conversation that would end with me revealing that I study Rat Science at Egerton University.

All that aside I think the Old boys dinner is a great occasion if you have a suit and bow tie to wear. Go there if you have achievements in life. If you know how to eat with a fork and knife then you should probably go. I wont be there, so its safe to go...

1 comment: